- Imagine if the workplace felt as healthy, happy and exciting as happy as a holiday?
- Imagine how different the culture would be if there was a genuine living conversation about health in the workplace?
- Imagine if you had your own in-house international health guru who was available for your teams, to boost morale, to teach about health, to inspire change, to consult and educate your people personally and regularly and to entertain with free seminars, cooking workshops and yoga sessions?
- Imagine the relationship with their company employees would have if they had a built in health coach at work – covered by work?
- Imagine the loyalty this would engender?
- Imagine your teams being able to attend free workplace seminars on weight loss, alcohol, energy, sleep, stress, mental wellness, bowel health and so much more – regularly and monthly after work or during lunch breaks?
The future of corporate wellness is not wellness weeks
The future of corporate wellness is not gym memberships, health insurance, purified water coolers or inspiring sticky notes on desks.
The future of corporate wellness is not low cost doctors’ visits, standing desks or motivational videos.
The future of corporate wellness is in-house health expertise.
It is having a permanent inspirational health coach inside the company at all times.
It is a culture change that has health as a deeply ingrained value living and breathing in the workplace 24/7.
It is having an experienced health coach available to your people to talk to, be inspired by, learn from and work with, on their own journeys to exceptional health.
How would this impact the bottom line?
We all know intrinsically that healthy workers are more productive through less time absent, and greater alertness and motivation. The cost of Absenteeism is worsening – A New Zealand workplace survey estimated 6.7 million workdays were lost through absenteeism in 2014, up from 6.1 million in 2012. The direct costs of absenteeism amounted to an estimated $1.45 billion across the country, compared to $1.26 billion in 2012. This has only grown since then.
It has been proven that investment in workplace wellness programmes yields very positive results – European studies estimate for every €1 spent on wellbeing programmes there was an ROI of between €2.5 and €4.8 due to reduced absenteeism. A Harvard review of 36 studies showed the pay-offs from investing in workplace wellbeing resulted in absenteeism costs falling by about US$2.73 for every dollar spent.
The future means evolution
It will not be enough to just offer the occasional health week, what will be required will be in-house personalised staff health expertise. The future of corporate wellness is the a constant onsite presence of a health coach, well versed in all aspects of healthy living, stress management, longevity, vitality, diet, lifestyle and environment. They would be seen as fundamental; like accounts, sales, finance and HR. They would be responsible for ensuring all staff got healthier, happier, and more vital, filled with more energy, had less days off work and were mental sharper to perform their jobs far better, with less stress. High level company-wide deep and genuinely impactful and life-changing health inspiration, writing, education, speaking, blogs, podcasts, articles, videos and even product ranges and one on one consultations.
This inspirational health coach would:
- Deliver regular monthly in-house health seminars
- Be available to have one-on-one consultations with all
- Provide education, on a daily or weekly basis (as suits the culture), covering the simple things that make a difference to improve happiness and health
- Provide articles, podcasts, videos, recipes, recipe videos, quotes and more
- Provide and run workshops on cooking and healthy lifestyle
Inspiration is missing
There is currently a plethora of information, knowledge, gym memberships and websites available for corporate wellness, but inspiration is what is missing and that is what Jason Shon Bennett does better than almost anyone in the health space. He inspires people to make the changes they know they need to make. The thousands of testimonials about his work over the last 30 years is testament to this effectiveness. The future of workplace wellness is in-house expertise and who better than Jason to inspire your teams and people to a healthier life, less disease, a clearer mind, lower stress, a better relationship with alcohol and of course, much lower absenteeism. We know the stats, we know the numbers and how important this issue has become for workplace environments.
What would it look like?
Basically it is an in-house health coach, inspiring your people and teams to better daily health choices and in achieving weekly health goals. It is a proactive, future-based idea that will be obvious and standard in the future. Presenting, talking, coaching, leading, inspiring your people and teams, including one on one meetings, as a way of the company showing they care and they are committed to the health of their people (while saving costs around sickness and absenteeism). It is a whole other approach to just a seminar. Book Jason to talk you through this highly innovative future-based proposal.
Jason wishes to deeply thank, acknowledge and recognise the effort and contribution that the PIF Foundation has provided on a voluntary basis since 2014, as we educated, motivated and inspired change that helps transform the health, vitality and longevity of people all over the world.