Something yummy and different for breakfast or brunch on the weekend! A great vegan option instead of scrambled eggs!
All JasonShonBennett.com recipes are made from 100% plant-based wholefoods. All are animal-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan. They are also gluten-free (except for the occasional recipes containing jumbo rolled oats).
4 – 6 tomatoes
Italian herbs or fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
2 blocks of organic Tonzu tofu, crumbled
1 onion, diced small
1 – 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
A few jiggles of tamari
Parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven at 120C.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and place face up in a roasting dish with a splash of olive oil in first. Sprinkle with sea salt, cracked pepper and Italian herbs or fresh basil.
3. Roast for an hour or so.
4. With 15 min to go, prepare for the tofu scramble.
5. Place onion and garlic in the pan and fry until clear. Add turmeric and stir through.
6. Crumble the tofu by hand then put tofu into the onion mixture and stir fry for 5 mins or so.
7. Add a few jiggles of tamari to taste and stir fry until you feel it is as you like it. Scrambled Tofu!
Serve with slow roast tomatoes on its own or on a slice of toasted sourdough if desired. Great as part of a vegetarian ‘big breakfast’ along with home-made hash browns, wilted spinach and dairy free creamy mushrooms – wow!