After making a Raw Lemon Cheesecake and loving it, I was inspired to try and work up a successful berry version. Et voila! – here it is and very yummy too. All I did was change out the lemon juice and zest for some mixed berries and added a hint of lime juice which is stunning. These raw cheesecakes are a bit like the cashew ice cream… you can use the same base formula but change out the flavours and get creative. In this case I have used mixed berries, however using an individual berry like raspberries is just gorgeous too.
All JasonShonBennett.com recipes are made from 100% plant-based wholefoods. All are animal-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan. They are also gluten-free (except for the occasional recipes containing jumbo rolled oats).
- 1½ cups of raw nuts (your choice – I prefer Almonds; you could use Hazelnuts, Walnuts or Cashews)
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ¼ cup shredded Coconut
- ¾ cup pitted baking Dates (soaked in hot water for about 15 minutes to soften and then drain off water)
- 3 cups of raw Cashews (Soaked overnight or for at least 8 hours then drained and rinsed)
- 1½ cups of fresh or thawed frozen berries of your choice
- ¾ cup of Maple Syrup
- ¾ cup Coconut Oil (Liquid form – sit jar in pot or bowl of boiling water to liquefy and then use)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- juice of two limes (optional but highly recommended)
For the crust: Process the nuts into small pieces with the salt in a food processor. Next mix in the coconut and then slowly add dates while the processor is running one at a time. The mixture will start to resemble dough and man even form a ball. Press crust mix into the bottom of a lined cheesecake dish or pan (8 to 9-inch size pan) and place in freezer until needed.
For the filling: Blend cashews first with maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla (and lime juice, if using), in your blender/ food processor until it blends to a smooth creamy mix. Then add berries and blend again until silky smooth. Pour onto the crust in the dish and place in the freezer for about two hours until firm. Decorate with chocolate curls, coconut threads and dehydrated raspberries and refrigerate until serving.