Here’s something fun to do with kale leaves – a bit different from throwing them into a green smoothie! These came my way via a vegan site from Michelle Pfennighaus who was thrilled with her creation! I have added garlic to her recipe. Here’s what she said…
“Do you have a small love affair going on with kale? If so, I’m not surprised. I got my hands on some kale this week and turned it into a new version of kale chips that I couldn’t stop bragging about for days. You know how it is when you really nail a recipe and it turns out amazing and you do a little happy dance and proceed to eat all of it immediately? It was like that…”
All JasonShonBennett.com recipes are made from 100% plant-based wholefoods. All are animal-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan. They are also gluten-free (except for the occasional recipes containing jumbo rolled oats).
- 1 head of green curly kale (or 15-20 kale leaves)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews, ground to a powder
- 1-2 Tsp chilli powder (or chilli paste)
- 1 Tbs salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse kale leaves and shake dry.
3. Tear leaves into chip-sized pieces or leave whole if small.
4. In a large bowl, combine kale with all other ingredients. Mix with your hands until kale looks wet and seasoning is evenly distributed.
5. On two large cookie sheets, spread out kale leaves the best you can so they are flat and not overlapping.
6. Bake for about 8 minutes. Flip and move chips around to cook evenly.
7. Bake for another 8 minutes or so.
8. When they are done they should be just crispy. Once crisp they tend to burn quickly so check on them every minute or so towards the end!