Jason’s Health Research
• The Annual Global Burden of Disease Studies, 2008–2019 ongoing
• An Evaluation of Research in the United States on Human Nutrition, Report No. 2: Benefits from Nutrition Research
• The Harvard Nurses’ Health Study I & II, 1984–ongoing
• The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) Study
• Framingham Heart Study, 1960–ongoing
• The 351-page 2012 World Cancer Report
• The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
• The National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study
• The Malmo Diet and Cancer Study
• The Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial (MRFIT)
• The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) independent research
• The Cancer Atlas Survey
• The Initiation of the US Dietary Guidelines, 1980
• The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) report on Diet, Nutrition and Cancer, 1982
Peer reviewed studies
In my research I have read hundreds of papers, studies and clinical research ranging from the 1800s to the present day. These are peer-reviewed, credible and objective, and come from reputable journals and other scientific publications, including:
• Archives of Internal Medicine
• Archives of Neurology
• BMC Genomics
• British Medical Journal
• Carcinogenesis and Cancer
• CardioSmart (College of Cardiology)
• Circulation (US Heart Association)
• Clinical Cancer Research
• Journal of Chronic Disease
• Journal of Clinical Endocrinology
• Journal of Nutrition
• Lancet Oncology
• Life Sciences
• Nutrition and Cancer
• PLOS ONE (Public Library of Science)
• The American Journal of Cardiology
• The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
• The American Journal of Epidemiology
• The International Journal of Cancer
• The Journal of Family Practice,
• The Journal of the American Diet Association
• The New England Journal of Medicine
• The Scientist
What are Jason’s health credentials?
Firstly, I am not a trained doctor, nutritionist or naturopath. I have no degree or doctorate of any kind. I just hated being sick badly enough to do something radical about it. My expertise comes from walking the talk in the real world – not in theory. My knowledge comes from over 30 years’ of health education and research; over 30 years’ raising four healthy kids and one darling granddaughter; 20 years’ travelling internationally and teaching; appearing via requests on TV, radio and in magazines; 20 years’ presenting seminars about food, nutrition and health; and 25 years compiling all of this passion and study into this website, my books and research papers. Through this journey I have become a health researcher, coach, speaker and best-selling author.
Credible and published proof
The scientific studies I cite have been used and confirmed by, among others:
• The National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
• The National Cancer Institute
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR)
• The World Health Organisation (WHO)
• The World Preservation Foundation (WPF)
• The International Union Against Cancer.
Also, the ground-breakers, the world leading and highly credible doctors, surgeons, practitioners and authors. These include:
• Dr Dean Ornish, founder of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute (chosen by Life Magazine as, ‘one of the 50 most influential members of his generation’)
• Ex-surgeon Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, Director of the Cardiovascular Prevention and Reversal Program in Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute
• Dr Neal Barnard, founder of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
• Dr Joel Fuhrman, Director of Research for the Nutritional Research Project for the National Health Association
• Dr T. Colin Campbell, author, the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and lead scientist in the 1980s China-Oxford-Cornell study on diet and disease, set up in 1983 by Cornell University, the University of Oxford and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.
The tens of thousands of references for my research, articles, blogs, videos, podcasts, recommendations, and my personal health advice, are all listed here. I update this list twice annually with the latest global credible published research and studies.
There is a vast amount of evidence that eating a plant-based wholefood diet lowers, and in some cases, reverses, heart disease and hypertension. This has been shown in the fasting studies, the chicken studies, the saturated fats studies, the fibre studies, the plant-based eating studies, and of course, the meat-is-directly-linked-to-heart-disease studies.
Plant-Based Diets & the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease – Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Nutrition Report: An Evaluation of NCD Prevention Research in the United States on Human Health
Global Morbidity Burden Report 2008
A healthy plant-based diet is simply mostly eating ‘plant-based wholefoods’ – such as apples rather than apple juice – as these are plant foods in their natural state, unrefined, and with their natural fibres, antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals intact. Eat mostly plant foods, mostly wholefoods, and you receive the benefits, as the centenarian cultures do:
Healthy Plant-Based Diets – what does it mean – Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Plant-based diets are crucial as a solution to our health crisis
How plant-based diets can prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
Practical tips for preparing healthy plant-based meals
Diet, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer: a Global Perspective (the Third Expert Report – 2019) is a comprehensive analysis, using the most meticulous methods, of the worldwide body of evidence on preventing and surviving cancer through diet, nutrition and physical activity. It builds on the ground-breaking achievements of the First and Second Expert Reports, published in 1997 and 2007 respectively.
Diet, Nutrition, Physical Activity & Cancer – A Global Perspective – Summary-third-expert-report
World Cancer Research Fund & American Institute for Cancer Research UPDATE Cancer-Prevention-Recommendations-2018
2019 International Research ‘Preventable Cancer Burden Associated with Poor Diet in the United States’
Cancer Facts & Figures
Cancer & Alcohol
Your path to healthy longevity
"Jason’s work is informative and inspirational. Following his advice will change your life."
Book Jason to Speak
Jason is available to speak at businesses, corporates, wellness events, seminars, festivals & inspiring workshops.
'Jason was simply the most popular speaker we have ever had' Shelley, Major NZ Telco, September 2021.