The exercise summary is simply; walk, swim, stretch, lift heavy things and occasionally sprint like your life depends on it!
We evolved through: walking, running, throwing, swimming, jumping, carrying and climbing.
The modern versions of these include: hiking, golf, yoga, sprinting, swimming, tennis and weight training.
Try to use different muscle groups on different days and mix it up all the time.
We did not evolve under the same conditions daily
Things changed all the time. One day we had to gather wholegrains, the next we ran from grizzly bears, the next we walked all day for water, and the next we climbed trees to get fruit and so on. Even on days you don’t feel like moving, move anyway. You will feel better if you do.
Break your exercise plans down into these five key movements:
- Walk every day on uneven surfaces (include hills and stairs wherever possible)
- Run like your life depends on it (aim to build this up to 30-40 minutes at a time)
- Lift heavy things* (lift yourself up a tree or do body weights at the gym)
- Swim a long distance (aim to build up to 30-40 minutes at a time)
- Stretch like a cat every morning (practice a few yoga moves or simple stretches if you know some)
*Start with small weights and your body weight and move your way up to heavier things to lift.
Exercise is simple; it is simply movement you love to do.
Jason wishes to deeply thank, acknowledge and recognise the effort and contribution that the PIF Foundation has provided on a voluntary basis since 2014, as we educated, motivated and inspired change that helps transform the health, vitality and longevity of people all over the world.