The Nielsen Company released research in November looking at the snack choices of New Zealanders.
Over 97% of Kiwis now snack and they spend $900 million per year on snack foods.
The Top Ten snacks we have eaten in the last 30 days:
- The majority was highly-processed constipating and low-fibre
- Most was what could nicely be described as “junk food”
- Chocolate, potato chips, cookies, biscuits, cheeses and crackers…
- Vegetables barely scraped into the top ten at #9
- Fresh fruit intake was high (which is good) but I would suspect that statistic was almost completely bananas!
As reported in the NZ Herald on Saturday Nov 15, 2014.