In 2015 there will be more UK people living with a cancer diagnosis than ever before.
“As we are threatened by a cancer crisis of unmanageable proportions, all political parties must step up and make a real commitment to supporting people with cancer”
Lynda Thomas, Macmillan Cancer Support, UK, 2014.
A new analysis by Macmillan Cancer Support looks at how the UK is doing:
- There will be over 2.5 million people living with a cancer diagnosis in 2015
- 691,000 will have breast cancer
- 330,000 will have prostate cancer
- 290,000 will have colorectal cancer
- 1,172,000 will have other cancers
The 2015 Macmillan Cancer Support analysis is based on research published in the British Journal of Cancer in 2012.