Britain is in the middle of a huge growth rate of deadly cancers from diet alone.
“…the continuation of current patterns of population weight gain will lead to continuing increases in the future burden of cancer…”
The sad 2015 World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) update reads as follows
- In 2012, 481,000 adults (30+) were diagnosed with obesity-related cancer
- This is over 1,300 people every day
- In the US, around 20% of cancers were directly related to obesity
- The next highest rates were in the UK, Czech Republic, Jordan and Argentina
- These numbers are conservative and exclude all those under 30
Study by Arnold M, Pandeya N, Byrnes G, et al., researchers from the International Agency for Research on Cancer in Lyon, “Global burden of cancer attributable to high body-mass index in 2012: a population-based study”, as funded by the World Cancer Research Fund International, the Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship from the European Commission, the US National Institutes of Health, the Australian National Health and the Medical Research Council, and published in the medical journal Lancet Oncology on November 27, 2014.