Vegetarians live longer, reports Time magazine
Last week's Time magazine ran a story citing a number of reasons for vegetarians living longer.
The article cited:
- A report in American Medical Association’s Internal Medicine that a vegetarian diet lowers blood pressure (high blood pressure is the #1 cause of death worldwide)
- The 2013 Oxford University study of 45,000 adults as published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that vegetarians were 32% less likely to suffer from heart disease
- The Mayo Clinic report on how vegetarians are at lower risk for developing diabetes
- The 2013 research from California’s Loma Linda University, looking at data from 70,000 patients, showing that a vegetarian diet protects against colon cancer
- The 2012 Harvard University study of 120,000 people finding that meat consumption raises the risk of total, heart, and cancer mortality
- The UK World Cancer Research Fund recommending eating less than 500g cooked weight per week of red meat – and little or no processed meat at all…
And on and on and on it goes.