Get prepared for the Fast Fest Challenge
“You will not only feel revitalized but also will look younger than before fasting. This is not only because of lost pounds but mostly because fasting has such a rejuvenating effect on all the vital internal organs, including the functions of the all-important endocrine glands, which are so decidedly responsible for how young or how old you feel and look” - Paavo O. Airola, N.D., Ph.D.
Please prepare prior to starting a fasting period. We always suggest eating well before fasting as this will help to make your fasting day so much easier!
The main thing that is important before you fast is that you have lots of fibre in your intestines to absorb the toxins that you’re releasing while fasting and to help move the waste through and out! When you fast on green vegetable juice you have some soluble fibre going in but there is no insoluble fibre left as it is all removed by the juicer.
So from now until your Fast Fest Challenge next Wednesday 6th, focus on having a healthy plant-based diet. Here are my tips as follows:
- Start your day off with a large glass of warm water with a few tablespoons of genuine fermented apple cider vinegar and lemon juice squeezed in (more or less of each is fine)
- Remove processed foods rich in refined sugar, salt, fat and gluten.
- Eat more veges - make half your lunch and dinner plate salad or steamed veg and eat fresh raw fruit or vegetables as snacks between meals. Green vegetables are the best food there is - eat as much as you can.
- Reduce red meat. Alternative sources of protein include ocean caught fish, tofu, tempeh, pulses, nuts and seeds, quinoa and free range eggs.
- Reduce dairy and switch for plant sources such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, rice milk and coconut milk.
- Reduce or better still, remove alcohol and caffeine from your diet for the next week, prior to your fast day. Replace coffee with herbal teas such as green tea, peppermint tea and chamomile.
- Start exercising more if you need to - walking is the best exercise there is - target local hills.
More to follow tomorrow!
PS: For those in or near Auckland, remember to book your tickets for the Fasting Celebration Seminar in Parnell on Thursday 7th November. This will be the last time I deliver this seminar.