Cholesterol high in millions of pre-ill Australians
I present all the time on what it is to be “pre-ill” and here is another great example of millions of Australians not even aware that they are already pre-ill and growing disease in their bodies.
“The rate of undiagnosed diabetes is even higher in other studies”
Diabetes Australia chief Greg Johnson, August 2013.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics released these results in August 2013:
- Over 30% of Australians have high cholesterol
- Only 10% are aware they have high cholesterol
- 75% of Australians over 45 have multiple risk factors for heart disease
- 231,000 Australians have diabetes and are not aware of it
- There are now an additional 700,000 Australians at risk for diabetes
- 10% of Australians are suffering from chronic kidney disease
- 12% of Australians have liver problems
- Obese Australians are 400% more likely to suffer from cholesterol problems
The Australian Bureau of Statistics results were from blood and urine samples taken from 11,000 people across Australia, as reported on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 by ibtimes.com.