Americans unhealthy and getting unhealthier every year now
Guess who is most closely following the Standard American Diet (SAD) now? The other sick nations; Mexico, Australia, the UK and New Zealand.
How is America doing right now according to the latest survey?
- 66% of U.S. adults drink alcohol
- 5% are heavy drinkers
- 62% of U.S. adults are overweight or obese
- Just 3 in 10 are now a healthy weight
- Less than 50% met aerobic activity goals
- 33% never engage in aerobic leisure-time physical activities
- 74% never engage in muscle-strengthening activities
Study by Charlotte A. Schoenborn, MPH, et al “Health behaviors of adults: United States, 2008-2010” as published in the CDC’s Vital Health Statistics 2013; 10(257) (data from the 2008-2010 National Health Interview Survey of more than 77,000 people) as reported by MedPage Today on May 24, 2013.