Cancer grows by 6 people every minute now in China
Obesity, diabetes and cancer are now so out of control in China it is hard to even consider if anything can really be done about it given such change is required to fix the problem.
“Women suffering from cancer are younger than before. Among all gynecological cancer patients, 21% were young women who hadn’t yet had children. Cervical cancer was beginning to affect women in their 30s and 40s, 10 years earlier than before”
Xu Congjian, President of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital of Fudan University.
This 2013 Chinese Medical Journal Report said:
- Six people are diagnosed with cancer every minute in China
- There are 3.12 million new cases of cancer every year in China
- There are now 2 million cancer deaths every year and rising in China
- The age of cancer patients is now younger than ever before
- The rapid rise of preventable lung, breast and colorectal cancers were of concern to Chinese doctors
- Lifestyle cancers of the lung, stomach, rectum, liver, and oesophagus are the most common in China
- 60% of cases could be avoided by following a healthy lifestyle
- Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer in China
- Over 50% of all adult men smoke
- Over 40% of Chinese doctors smoke
- The mortality rate from lung cancer has risen by 465% in the last 30 years
As reported by Shanghai Daily Reports and in News on June 13, 2013.