Cancer Warning in 2020 says half of Britons will be affected
Tragically there are no signs that cancer is slowing down throughout the world.
The richer a country gets, the higher the rates of cancer.
The 2013 Macmillan Cancer Support Review analysing existing data on cancer prevalence, incidence and mortality tells us that:
- There will be a stark rise in the number of people who will get cancer
- In 1992, 32% of Britons who died had been diagnosed with cancer
- In 2011, 44% of Britons who died had been diagnosed with cancer
- By 2020, 47% of Britons will be diagnosed with cancer
- The proportion of people who will develop cancer has increased by more than a third over the past 20 years alone
As reported by skynews.com on Friday 07 June 2013.
Click on the link below to the MacMillan Cancer Support to show your support for a wonderful organisation supporting cancer patients and their families in the UK.