Weight loss market worth $361 Billion by 2017 so there are lots of people who want you to stay overweight!
“The market will grow at a healthy pace in the next five years due to increasing number of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and cardiac problems…”
The “Weight Loss/Obesity Management Market Global Forecasts to 2017” Report, May 2013.
What are the facts about the “Weight Loss” industry?
- It is better for them if you stay overweight as then you are a lifetime customer
- The ‘Weight Management Market’ has three distinct segments; Diets, Services, and Fitness and Surgical Equipment
- The ‘Weight Loss Diets Market’ includes ‘weight loss’ foods, drinks and pills of all sorts
- Weight loss food is the largest segment of the weight loss diets market and contains such dubious ‘foods’ as meal replacements, low-calorie ready meals, sugar free confectionaries and low-calorie desserts
- The Global Weight Loss Management Market was worth $265 billion in the year 2012 and is expected to reach $361 billion by 2017
Some people are making an enormous amount of money and yet making little or no difference to the weight of the people they are supposedly “helping”…
As reported by The Sacramento Bee on May 21, 2013.