Obesity out of control in Turkey in 2013
Obesity follows diet changes – just like disease does.
That SAD Standard American Diet is spreading its destructive tenticles right across the globe.
Report released last week by the Turkish Statistics Institute (TurkStat) as reported by worldbulletin.net on Thursday April 25, 2013.
- In 2003, 18% of Turks, or 12.6 million, were overweight
- In 2012, 35% of Turks, or 25.9 million, were overweight
- 34.8% of Turks over 15 years old are overweight
- The number of overweight children has increased 10 times within five years
- 39% of men are overweight
- 30.4% of women are overweight
- 13.2% of Turkish citizens over 15 years of age have been diagnosed with hypertension
Full article here: http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=107650