116 year old Besse Cooper dies of old age on December 2, 2012
A sad week as we farewell the world’s oldest person. Besse Brown Cooper passed away this week after a wonderful, long, healthy life of example.
She said “Eat a balanced diet, but don’t be afraid to enjoy what you like in moderation”. She knew what moderation actually was.
- Neither of her parents made it past age 72, and her seven siblings all died in the sixties and seventies
- She made it through virtually her entire lifespan without any serious illnesses or ailments
- She never had surgery in her life
- She remained mentally sharp and still possessed an amazing long-term memory
- Her basic diet was rich in seasonal vegetation
- She generally avoided all junk food
- She enjoyed being outdoors and raked her own leaves and did other yard work for decades
- She had a great sense of humor