Obesity in France doubles to seven million people
The illusion that the French people drink lots of alcohol and yet are healthy and slim is completely untrue.
France in 2012 has well over 7 million people with drinking problems and well over 7 million people obese.
What are the latest facts?
- The number of obese people in France has doubled in the past 15 years to reach seven million.
- Over 15% of the French population is now obese.
- Over 32% of the French population is now overweight.
- The most significant weight gains are among the young French 18 to 24-year-olds, whose obesity levels have shot up by 35% in the past three years.
- A recent Ipsos-Logica Business Consulting study found that 25% of young French people “often consumed soda drinks at meal times”.
- According to Inserm, a French Public Health Research Centre, in 2009 five million French people had medical, psychological or social problems linked to alcohol abuse and at least two million were dependent. So seven million people with alcohol issues and “no problem”?
- Britain has the fattest women in Europe, with almost 24% obese
As reported by The Telegraph on October 16, 2012.