111 year old Bernando LaPallo still going strong
I have been following Bernando for years and I am a huge fan. He is one of the healthiest older people on the planet and has been a strict plant-eater for the last 106 years.
Happy birthday Bernando – you are an inspiration.
Here are some amazing facts about Bernando:
- He is older than the state of Arizona
- He wrote a book called “Age Less/Live More: Achieving Health and Vitality at 107 and Beyond”, when he was…107 years old
- He is the world’s oldest blogger
- When asked on his 111th birthday “How do you stay looking so young?”, he replied, “Good living baby, just taking care of my body”
- He follows his father’s advice of a strict vegan diet “I live on green vegetables and fruit, I’ve never been sick in my life”
- He walks one mile every morning
- “I bathe my feet every night and massage them in olive oil. never had a corn, I guarantee anybody you got I’ll take my shoes off right now and my feet are as soft as their face”
- Other secrets to his longevity include eating garlic, honey, cinnamon and dark chocolate!
My favourite quote from Bernando is “I make plans to live because I know I’m going to die, but I’m making plans to live”.
What an incredible walking talking example of health and humanity he is.
Full story reported by abcnews.com on August 17, 2012. Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/mesa/valley-man-celebrating-111th-birthday-reveals-his-secrets-to-longevity#ixzz23vr5fCJf